I recently read an article that mentioned how people with very busy lives that don’t take breaks jeopardize losing some of their sense of smell! With all the hustle and bustle of today’s world, it’s no wonder we’re all stressed out! Taking the time to smell the roses, so to speak, becomes very important for our all around health. That’s were the benefits of meditation come in to play.
Benefits of Meditation
There are so many benefits of meditation. Among the top 5 that should peek your interests are:
- Relieves stress
- Slows aging
- Releases endorphins that make you happy
- Improves circulation
- Increases libido
Mind Over Matter
Another benefit of meditation you may notice is clarity of mind. Imagine how much better your sexual experience would be if you were able to relieve the day’s stress, slow down the aging process, which of course would release those happy endorphines, improving your circulation to all of those important areas and all with a clear mind. No wonder you would have an increased libido! Meditation is a form of exercise for your mind. And when your mind is strengthened, it can overcome anything.
Some Forms of Meditation
- Qi Gong – A Chinese meditation of coordinated movements encouraging posture, breathing and the flow of Qi (energy) throughout the body. More of a gentle exercise, this form of meditation is more physical.
- Yoga – A Hindu discipline involving specific body postures designed to align muscles, improve balance, strength, and mind clarity.
- Mantra Meditation – Hones in on your own spirituality and Involves a Mala, which is a string of color-ordered beads, or stones. The mantra is a word or phrase repeated like a chant. Making this a very mindful meditation.
- Zen Meditation – A Japanese meditation (originated in India) focused on seated posture to encourage proper breathing. Spiritually beneficial as well as mentally.
Stopping to smell the roses via meditation is a proven tool for improving the overall health of the mind. And in turn, your physical health, including your sense of smell!