This subject can be a bit taboo, and it’s alright to feel a bit weird, dirty or uncomfortable doing it; that’s natural. It’s also natural to want to experiment with anal sex. What you don’t want is for a clueless partner to just try it out on you, especially if you’ve never experienced anal sex before. You need to be the one in control so that you can guide your partner.
1. Stimulating the outer anus with a small bullet vibrator or finger during sex will help prepare you to the area being touched. When you are ready, you or your partner insert the bullet or their finger. It will ease you into the feeling of having anal sex. To further your experience and decrease any pain, consider dilators such as Soul Source Dilator Set, FeMani Wand Kit 1 & 2 (FeMani also has a graduating size 3 & 4 kit) or Rianne S Booty Plug Set. They can increase the opening naturally and over time before anal sex. (don’t worry, your anal canal won’t stay the increased diameter permanently).
2. Lubrication is the most important factor here. Make sure that whatever is penetrating you, an anal toy or a penis, that is well lubricated. Some options are Sliquid Sassy Booty Formula or Astroglide Ultra Gentle Gel. If you’re uncertain about lube choices, read our blog, “Which Lubricant Base Should I Buy?”.
3. Make sure you are in a comfortable position. Some have found it comfortable to lye on their backs with a pillow under their butt, others have found the doggie style position to do the trick. Remember to relax and take control of your breathing.
4. As with vaginal sex, you should wear a condom to experience anal sex. Never, never go from anal sex to vaginal sex without changing to a new condom. The bacteria from the anus can cause serious vaginal infection.
5. Communicating with your partner is essential for mutual enjoyment. Discuss positions, expectations. Keep the lines of communication open during the process too; talk each other through it. Afterwards, let each other know what worked, what didn’t, what could improve the experience.
Lastly, as with any sex you’e exploring, have some clean up tools ready to go. A dampened hand towel, washcloth, baby wipes.
When you become comfortable with anal sex, the prospect of having anal sex can be quite fun. Check out some of these eniticing props: Crystal Delights Magnetic Bunny Tail, Pretty Plugs Small, Crystal Delights My Lil Pony Tail.